Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hurray for the Holy Spirit!




(Google Images)
 


WEDNESDAY CHURCH

on the Internet
 
 
(This is your mid-week Christian power
surge with Pastor Mike Fonfara, D.Min.)
 
 
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Pentecost Season, Week 1
 
 
Welcome, spiritual friends!
 
The church seasons move on. Last Sunday, Pentecost arrived celebrating the fact that Jesus released the Holy Spirit's presence and power into the lives of faithful people the world over. This means that you and I host the Holy Spirit every day for all day. Let us celebrate this fact in today's Wednesday Church on the Internet. Hurray for the Holy Spirit!
 
Pastor Mike Fonfara, D.Min.


OPENING THOUGHT ...

“God loves to pour out His Spirit with power on those who will dare to align radically their purposes with His.”
― Steve Childers


WORSHIP SERVICE ...

THE GATHERING

"Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are my God my savior,
and my hope is in you all day long."
-- Psalm 25:4-5  NIV
 
Let us worship God!

WE CONFESS OUR SINS AND ARE FORGIVEN

Lord God, examen our souls to see the good intentions of faith.
Lord God, look into our hearts to see love for You and others.
Lord God, search our lifestyles to see our Christian missions.
Lord God, we sin inspite of our strong faith.
Lord God, please forgive our sins in the name of Jesus.
Lord God, thank You for forgiving and redeeming us.  Amen.



(Google Images)
 
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE       John 14:15-17 (NIV)   

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be  in you.

MESSAGE                 "He Did Not Come Alone"

Dr. A. J. Gordon tells of a Welsh preacher who, having been scheduled to preach one night, asked to be allowed to withdraw for a time before the service. He remained in seclusion so long that the good man of the house sent his servant to request him to come and meet the waiting congregation. As she came near the room she heard what seemed to be an indication of conversation between two parties, and though in subdued tone of voice, she caught the words, "I will not go unless You go with me." Without interfering, she returned and reported, "He will come all right, and the Other will come, too." And sure enough, when he came, the Other One came along, and with such power that it proved a wonderful service in which many found newness of life. It is both our privilege and duty thus to allow the Holy Spirit to work along with us as we endeavor to teach others about the Lord Jesus Christ.Christian Union Herald.

Do you invitew the Holy Spirit to accompany you during your daily activities?

PRAYER OF COMMITMENT

With haste I will run the race for the high calling of God. I will put my whole heart into the task of serving the Lord and hold back nothing. I will serve the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul, spirit and strength. With great zeal will I labor in the vineyard of the Lord's fields of harvest. I will feed His Lambs willingly and with great delight. I will not let the financial cost nor any persecution or suffering that I may endure prevent me from running the race of winning the souls of men for God. This is my reasonable service to my Master and Lord, whom I will love with all my heart, soul, spirit, mind and strength. I will praise the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ, all the days of my life. Amen.
©11/28/2001 Jim Welch

BENEDICTION

May God the Holy Spirit enrich your life 
as sure as the sun lights the day. Amen.


 

SACRED MISCELLANY ...

1. Here is a definition of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity.  He is fully God.  He is eternal, omniscient and omnipresent, has a will, and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).

The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within the Trinity.
- Matt Slick
 
2. Here are some thoughts about the Holy Spirit. 

- The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth (John 16:13).

- The Holy Spirit gives us new life (John 3:5-8).

-The Holy Spirit shows us the eternal dimensions of our faith (John 16:14-15).
- The Holy Spirit reminds us of God’s promises (Luke 24:49).
 -  The Holy Spirit teaches the faithful how to pray (Rom. 8:26-27).
6. The Holy Spirit anoints us for Christian duties (Luke 4:18).

7. The Holy Spirit reveals God’s truths to us (1 Cor. 2:10).

8. The Holy Spirit transforms us into the likeness of Christ (2 Cor. 3:18).

9. The Holy Spirit strengthens our human resolve to live faithfully (Eph. 3:16).

10. The Holy Spirit rewards our commitment with joy (1 Thessalonians 1:6).

Thank you for joining this week’s gathering of Wednesday Church on the Internet. Please return next week when new material will be published by Wednesday, May 29th at 5 a.m.  Remember, this social media congregation is your mid-week Christian power surge. Tell your friends about it at www.wednesdaychurch.blogspot.com.  Perhaps you could share to Facebook.  Let’s grow this ministry together. Thanks again!
 
Pastor Mike Fonfara, D.Min.
 
(Pastor Mike's Photo of Egyptian Sphinx and Pyramid)
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment